F.Z.S. (A Brand)

After reading the title you might think it will be a blog about the bike YAMAHA F.Z.S which is one the most renowned bikes in our country. Unfortunately, your assumption is incorrect. It’s the abbreviation of my school’s name, Faridpur Zilla School(F.Z.S). I get it, this might come across as a bit cringe. But it is a brand for its strong identity, quality education, distinctive culture, achievements, alumni success, and emotional connection. I have spent almost 7 years from class 4 to class 10. These years have been an absolute treasure trove of unforgettable and cherished memories. Though I may not be able to encapsulate my entire incredible school journey in a single blog, I'll strive to convey its essence through the meaningful moments and lessons that have shaped me at Faridpur Zilla School.        

Allow me to introduce you to a place that holds a particular corner of my heart. Faridpur Zilla School was established in 1840 almost 200 years ago. In 1840 the then district magistrate Edgar Ef Luther, found a school named English Seminary School. In 1851 the British Government took the responsibility of the school and named it Faridpur Zilla School. The esteemed list of notable alumni from Zilla School includes prominent figures such as Palli Kabi Jashimuddin, Mathematician A F Mujibur Rahman, Prof. Dr. Quazi Deen Mohammad, Habibullah Sirajee, Bangla film actor Riaz, and many others who have walked its halls with pride. This educational institution isn’t just a building; it’s a hub of knowledge, friendships, and growth. Let’s take a journey through the corridors of this remarkable school that has played a pivotal role in shaping my experiences and memories. 


At Faridpur Zilla School, the path to admission follows a selective process. Aspiring students seeking enrollment undergo an admission test, a gateway that opens doors to a world of opportunities. They take two admission tests. One for class 3 students and another for class 5 students. Every parent hoping to secure a spot for their child in this prestigious institution. The journey kicks off right from the beginning of class 3. Students study hard, dedicating an entire year to preparation. They enroll in admission coaching classes and even bring home tutors. As the year winds down, the test arrives, drawing questions from the class 3 syllabus. It’s a moment of reckoning that both parents and students await with bated breath. I vividly recall my own admission test experience. Looking back, it feels like a horrible memory, considering I was merely nine years old at the time. I had to start my day early, waking up in the morning to head to school. After classes ended at 11 am, I returned home. However, my day didn't stop there. By 1 pm, I was off to a coaching class that lasted a couple of hours. Then, at 4:30 pm, another coaching class awaited, which stretched for about 2 to 2 and a half hours. After a long day of classes and coaching, I returned home to complete my homework before finally getting some rest. It was a full schedule that left little time for anything else. Finally, the awaited day arrived. I stepped into the examination room with a mix of nerves and anticipation. At first, a wave of nervousness washed over me, but as time went on, I began to settle into the atmosphere. Gradually, I found my rhythm and adapted to the surroundings. The moment of truth arrived when the results were published at 11 pm, and I had indeed been selected. Upon hearing the result, there was no immediate rush of emotions, leaving me in a state of uncertainty. A new journey begins.

In the intricate tapestry of my school life, two threads stand out prominently the guiding hands of my teachers and the heartwarming bonds of friendship that were woven along the way.  As I reflect on my journey through Faridpur Zilla School, the lessons learned from teachers and the camaraderie shared with friends paint a vivid mosaic of my growth and experiences. I was an average student in school. Didn't do many co-curricular activities due to shyness, and didn't win any awards due to being a mediocre player. Although it may seem like I faced obstacles during my time at school, I gained a wealth of knowledge and experiences that went beyond the confines of the classroom. Our respected teachers went beyond just teaching us from textbooks. They imparted important life skills such as discipline, how to confidently navigate the streets and the art of meaningful conversation. Their mantra echoed in our ears: let your body language and words reflect that you are a proud student of Zilla School. Although my reticence initially kept me from the limelight, the sirs encourage me to dive into co-curricular activities and Olympiads. Heeding their counsel, I took the leap, participating in numerous Olympiads, and the experience was genuine. After all, the playing field was competitive, and the journey was about growth, not just trophies. I do carry regrets for the missed opportunities and unexplored activities. However, with those regrets, there’s a deeper understanding.


Among the multitude of memories that color my school days, many have the power to bring a smile to my face. We used to share our lunch with friends in the backbench during class. Our fourth period was reserved for lunchtime. During this period, the school provided us with a variety of foods for lunch, such as egg patties, burgers, butter bread, khichuri (a mixed rice dish), ice cream, and many more. The food options were truly delicious. During this lunch break, we engaged in various sports like football, cricket, kabaddi, and badminton with our friends. Football was a favorite among our friend circles, and we even pooled our money to buy a football together. We also occasionally went fishing in the school pond. Another cherished memory was playing football in the rain. In our school, there existed a peculiar tradition – a cunning escape from the Physical Education (P.E.) session. The audacious ones among us, the seniors in classes 8, 9, and 10, took part with a blend of thrill and daring. With our sprawling 10-acre school grounds, hiding spots were aplenty. It resembled a grand game of thieves and police. Some of us found refuge behind buildings, while others took shelter in the washroom. During the PT session, Sobayet sir, Habib sir, and Ashutosh sir, would conduct thorough class checks. It was a suspenseful ballet, as they walked into the washroom, only to discover a merry gathering of fugitives. In the end, the secret scheme was uncovered. Confronting the consequences, our headmaster decreed that the spirited group would undertake five laps around the school as punishment. Though fear held us in its grip then, looking back now, it's a tale that elicits hearty laughter and cherished memories. Another incident happened when we read class 9. Our classes are held in the large tin-shaded room next to the basket grounds. Next to that house, there was a very old huge Shimul tree, bees make a beehive on a branch there. Some of our friends plan that they will break the hive. In the 3rd period, some started throwing stones before Sir came. We watched from a distance. They were not succeeding because the stake was too high. After many attempts, they were able to put it on. Immediately the bees attack. Many who sat in the class were stung by bees. The sirs then gave us leave with tiffin, and the beehive was cut that day. Our joy knew no bounds that day after getting an unexpected vacation. But the funniest thing is that the one who got the rock was playing the most 4 bites. But from this incident, we learn the importance of considering the consequences before acting on impulsive ideas. Like this incident, Faridpur Zilla school gives me so much learning. 


As I retrace the steps of my school life, I'm reminded that it's the intricate mosaic of experiences, both mundane and extraordinary, that has painted the vivid canvas of my journey. From the hushed giggles shared during hide-and-seek escapades to the bittersweet moments of bidding farewell to cherished friends, each fragment has contributed to the enrich my school life. Through the corridors of Faridpur Zilla School, I've not only gained knowledge from textbooks but also imbibed the wisdom of camaraderie, the art of facing challenges, and the beauty of growth. The teachers, with their guidance and encouragement, have been beacons of inspiration, while my friends have been the glue that holds these chapters together. In the end, I'm reminded that even the most ordinary moments can become extraordinary when they're part of a journey as special as my school life at Faridpur Zilla School. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Anime Became One of the Most Popular Entertainment Source Worldwide

Bangladesh Railway